This post is written for my mom, Mary Robertson Hendricks, but you're welcome to read along with you like.
Happy Mother's Day, mom! Here's thanking you for:
- providing a good home for me & my brothers when we were growing up.
- all the sacrifices I know you made raising four kids within a short span of years.
- always making sure we were in church.
- being brave enough to take us on road trips by yourself when dad was busy building a new business.
- that green jello stuff with cream cheese & pecans you whipped up from time to time.
- making holidays a special time at our house.
- giving me an appreciation for history at an early age.
- Saturdays at the farmer's market in Greenville as a kid.
- allowing me to be one of the boys: riding motorcycles, go carts, horses, playing football, etc.
- realizing when I was in the 6th grade that handmade clothes were no longer cool to wear.
- renting shabby beach houses at Pawley's Island during the summer.
- encouraging my love for art & signing me up for drawing & painting classes along the way.
- making sure I took advantage of traveling when the opportunity came.
- not lecturing me for withdrawing from USC at the beginning of my sophomore year without
discussing it with you first.
- not getting mad on the ride home from USC with all of my belongings when I ran your
prized Audi off the edge of the road and blew out two of your tires.
- supporting my decision to transfer to Clemson, even though you knew it was mostly to be with Scott.
- always giving me a good bit of freedom to make my own decisions.
- enduring the lengthy pages of instructions of how to care for my children when I
left them in your care.
- investing a great deal of love, attention and time in my girls.
- respecting my opinions, even when they didn't coincide with yours.
- walking through my cancer diagnosis & surgery & recuperation with me.
- always making me feel that you were in my corner.
- never, ever missing a birthday, a special milestone or event in my personal or
You've been a good mama to me - I love you very much...Happy Mother's Day!