Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Coincidence? Are you kidding?

It's been an anxious few days for me.   My annual cancer scans and tests were last Friday.    I've tried to stay focused on other things since Friday, but my mind and imagination are powerful opponents.    I know God understands how I feel.  I don't have to pretend I have it all together.  

I wanted to get a short blog out tonight to honor His faithfulness to me.   This morning, I got up early to do my quiet time.

As He would have it, the next chapter waiting on me this morning was Psalm 91.    This is what I read:

He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
He is my God, and I will trust Him.
For He will rescue you from every trap
and protect you from deadly disease.

Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night,
nor the arrow that flies in the day.
Do not dread the disease that stalks in the darkness,
nor the disaster that strikes at midday.

I stared at these verses this morning - knowing they were there for me.  His word made very personal and relevant for me.   My faith is very simple.    I believe God speaks to us through His word.    When I come to Him....needing and asking to hear from Him.....He responds.   Coincidence?  Are you KIDDING me?    His word is relevant and true and timely.

And my scans and tests?   I got the results today.   They were all normal.     YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Thanking God for his faithfulness and my health tonight!



No comments:

Post a Comment