Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Trouble



We all have times of trouble.

Yes?

A few months ago, I would have told you that truck loads of blessings

were being dumped on my life.

And, trust me.

I know that's a fortunate season of time when it comes.

I recognized it.    I appreciated it.    I enjoyed every moment of it.

And.........

I kept one eye slightly squinted, waiting on what I knew would also come.

Eventually, it always does.

Trouble.

That's just part of living.

I've often struggled with what the bible teaches about trouble.

That we should be thankful in times of trouble.

That's been hard for me to do.

I do get the reason behind it.

Trouble causes me to realize my need for Jesus.

There's nothing like a big dose of trouble to push me closer to Him.

So.......I'm visual.

And when I came across this passage in my devotional recently
about trouble, I pictured it as I read:

"  If you encounter a problem with no immediate solution, 
your response to that situation
will take you either up or down.

You can lash out at the difficulty,
resenting it and feeling sorry for yourself.
This will take you into a pit of self pity.




Alternatively, the problem can be a ladder,
enabling you to climb up and see your life
from My perspective.

Viewed from above, the obstacle that frustrated you
is only a 

light 


and 


momentary 


trouble.

Once your perspective has been heightened,
you can look away from the problem altogether.

Turn toward Me, 
and see the light of my presence shining upon you."

April 26  "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young.




So......in my mind,
I climbed the ladder of my trouble.
I tried viewing it from His perspective.

And, it's true.
Whether trouble.
hardship.
or trial.
From that perspective.
it improves.


"for our present troubles are small and won't last very long.
yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever.
so don't look at the troubles we can see now;
rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen.
for the things we see now will soon be gone,
but the things we cannot see will last forever."   2 Corinthians 5: 17-18.

No comments:

Post a Comment