Thursday, April 25, 2013

Me as an old woman

I'm beginning to wonder what I might be like as an old woman.

With more years behind me, than I do in front of me.
I've started thinking about it more.

Me....as an old woman.

What will that look like?



I decided, this is the old woman I want to be.


She captures what I desire to be.

Completely.

A natural......pleasing...... "joyful"...... face.



I'd like to have the spunk of Jessica Tandy.




and the wisdom and story telling gift of Maya Angelou.




When I think of me as and old woman,

one part of me wants to wear aprons and raise chickens.





and live in an old farmhouse with a tin roof........ and big front porch.



and visit with my girls and my friends over morning coffee and bare feet.




and enjoy quiet afternoons over a cup of tea and a book.




My mode of transportation?  

Definitely an old  pick up truck...





and a wide seat bike :)




When I think of me as an old woman,

I'd want my eyes to show the love I've seen.


And my face to reveal the smiles I've made.




When I think of me as an old woman, 

I'll still work to stay in shape.



Still walk.....



Still create.....


Still live out my faith.



When I think of me as an old woman,



I'll still be wearing bright colors...


And a scarf with everything.





I'll be the cool "beebee" that my grandchildren always want to come and see.





Surrounded by a cat or two or three.




When I think of me as an old woman,

I hope to still be journeying to Africa.


Drawn to the people and the land.



But always ready to come back home........to a gaggle of critters waiting for me.





and the love of my man to comfort me.


That's what I think of.

When I think about me as an old woman.



1 comment: