Thursday, March 22, 2012

it's easy.....i imagine him in my living room waiting on me

My alarm goes off at the totally insane time of 5 a.m. every weekday -- on the weekend I sleep in......to the late hour of 6 a.m. Some of you are rolling your eyes already, but what can I say? I'm a morning person. I love to be up before anybody else. Now, granted...coffee is not far away! I love that Scott sets the automatic coffee maker every night before he turns in so I can have a cup of coffee waiting on me. So, with cup in hand, I've grown to depend on my morning time with Jesus. A friend, Kirby King, inspired me to get consistent with a quiet time a number of years ago. Before then, it was hit or miss at best. What changed? Life got hard.

I'm a visual person. One of my pet peeves is when someone insists on reading to me. I rebel. I have to see it or imagine a picture of it in my mind. Only then, do I get it. So before my early morning got to be a routine, I imagined that Jesus was sitting in my living room waiting for me....waiting to spend that time with me. After I pulled up that imagine in my head, do you seriously think I would make Him wait? heck no! or worse, stand Him up and go back to sleep? seriously??? forget it! The alarm goes off at 5 a.m. --and I'm in there.

It's become the most important part of my day. I read my devotional out of Sarah Young's "Calling Jesus" -- ((highly recommend)) and then spend 30-45 minutes reading from my bible...and finish with prayer.

Beth Moore is my favorite bible teacher - and I heard her say one time that sometimes the best way to pray is just to go down on your face....until the carpet fibers tickle your nose. I found that's what I need to do. I pray out loud....just talking to Him about what's on my heart. He doesn't want a superficial prayer, He want's no bull -- He wants honesty, so I pour it all out...and many times, "it ain't pretty" -- but that's okay.

Coffee in hand - I never want to start a day any differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment