Saturday, February 1, 2014

What Looms Ahead




Sometimes.

You just need to believe that you can do it!

It......meaning whatever is looming ahead of you.

I told someone close to me recently.

I do not remember a season of time in recent years.

When the "whatever is looming ahead "

seemed to be so towering as they are in the present circumstances.

Responsibilities.

Projects.

Assignments.

Deadlines.

And they all decided to get together in the month of February.

I've really been asking God in my prayers.

For strength.

Not just to check all these things off my list as successfully done.

But to get to the end of them.

Without looking  -    (spiritually......and maybe even physically)

as they say in my family....

"like a piece of bad Georgia road."

I'm really not wanting that.

And what's happened as I've prayed for strength?

God has given me a word.

Every time I pick up my bible.

Or my devotional.

On providing strength for what lies ahead.

I don't know about you.

But I realized some years ago.

I am not the super woman I thought I was.

I know.

Amazing, isn't it?

It was a stark realization, I don't mind telling you.

And as I'm looking ahead at some mountains I have to climb.

In the guise of projects, assignments and deadlines.

They do look daunting.

And I could revert to fear and discouragement in a flash.

Fear and discouragement are there every day for the taking.

But Jesus says otherwise.

And because I've asked Him to give me what I need.

He's been providing it.

Morning.

After morning.

After morning.

I'm terrible at memorizing scripture.

When I spit it out in my blog.

Very often I have to go back and find it.

(o.k.  .... every time I go back and find it.)

So that I get it down right.

But,  believe it?   Believe what it says?

Yes, I do.

So.

It's Saturday morning.

I'm up earlier than my man again.

And I crack open my devotional.

And I turn to February 1.

And, what do you know?

Another message of strength & courage is there waiting on me.

That's one of the very cool things about a relationship with Him.

His faithfulness.

An invisible.

Impossible to define, God.

Hears my prayers.

And just like I want my children to have what they need.

He wants the same for me.

He knows exactly what I need.

And continues.........to give it...... to me.

I'm sorry.

You just cannot beat that.

There is nothing else in this world that can give me that.


February 1        

"Jesus Calling" Sarah Young

"Follow me one step at a time.  
That is all I require of you.
You see huge mountains looming,
and you start wondering how you're going to scale those heights.  
Meanwhile, because you're not looking where you're going,
you stumble on the easy path where I am leading you now.
As I help you get back on your feet,
you tell me how worried you are about the cliffs up ahead.
But you don't know what will happen today, much less tomorrow.  
Our path may take an abrupt turn, leading you away from those mountains.
There may be an easier way up the mountains than is visible from the distance.  
If I do lead you up the cliffs, I will equip you thoroughly for that strenuous climb.
I will even give my angels charge over you, to preserve you in all your ways.

Keep your mind on the present journey, enjoying my Presence.
Walk by faith, not by sight,
trusting Me to open up the way before you."


Psalm 18:29;  Psalm 91: 11-12;  2 Corinthians 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment