Friday, January 24, 2014

A Mama Like Mine




I've been reminded lately.

That not everybody grows up the way I did.

With a mama.

Like mine.



Friends have shared their own stories.

Of mom's that were absent.

Or closed off.

Or impossible to please.

Not me.



From the time I was little.

Before I ever knew different.

I was blessed.

Just being in her care.



She was 21 years old.

Good.

Grief.

Nearly Taylor's age.

When I was born.



She knew very little herself.

Of what she gave to me.

Time.

Attention.

Interest.

Presence.

She made sure I had all those things.



And.

I never knew any different.

Not in 54 years.



It's an easy thing to take for granted.

When I've had it all my life.

But I'm understanding a little better now.

Just how fortunate I have been.

To have the love.

 All these years.

Of my mama.







1 comment:

  1. Yes, you are very blessed! I love your "mama" too!

    ReplyDelete