Monday, January 20, 2014

When I'm Vulnerable



Many of you are like me.

Women.

With responsibilities.

Work.

Home.

Family.

School.

We all have them.

And.

We carry what sometimes feels like a load.

I don't know about you,

But my vulnerable time for the weight of responsibility is a night.

There's something about that time of day.

When the sun goes down.

And I'm a little tired.

Or.

A lot tired.

That the enemy finds me vulnerable.

To discouragement.

Fear.

Sometimes even anxiety or worry.

When I'm tired.

I'm vulnerable.

How bout you?



I've learned a trick I'll share.

A bit of self protection.

I don't allow myself to think too much about worrisome things.

At night.

I make them officially off limits.

I put up a boundary.

A fence.

Of protection.

And I don't allow myself to go there.

Tomorrow is another day.

Things always look better to me in the light of day.

In the light of the morning, I'll think about it.

And I'll be up for it.

But not tonight.

Tonight I'll rest.

I'll find some peace.

And think about it tomorrow.

Gee.

I may have just had a Scarlett O'Hara moment.

Tomorrow.

In the light of day.

I'll be up for it.

And I'll think about it then.



"...His mercies begin afresh each morning...."  Lamentations 3:23






No comments:

Post a Comment