Friday, March 22, 2013

Ohhh.....That Mouth!



I'm betting, like me......

your mouth gets you in trouble from time to time.

Yes?

My mouth has gotten me in trouble....many times.

This week, in fact.

When I should have.............paused.

I blurted.

I'm going through the most unusual season of time right now.

In my walk with Jesus.

I know that He's always with me.

But right now.

He seems to be speaking to me --- everywhere I turn.

Through....His word.    My circumstances.    Other people.  

Speaking directly.....with laser precision....into what I'm facing.

I must say.

I LOVE that.

I know He's always attentive to my circumstances.

But right now.

I'm very aware of his presence in my life.

And He seems to have a word for me just as quickly as I
have need to hear it.

So.

In trying to encourage a friend this week.

When I should have.......paused.

I blurted.

My blurting was not timely.   It wasn't appropriate.   It may have even
done harm.

I knew it immediately.   But it was too late.

The very next morning.

During my quiet time.

I was reading out of "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young.

And because He wanted to give me a word about my mouth.

This was in my devotion for the day.

"Pause before responding to people or situations, giving My spirit
space to act through you."

Yep.     Okie Dokie.

You need me to talk less and pause more.

Pause.

Okay, I replied!     I hear you!

I got it!

Lesson learned.

And just like He does as well.

He gave me an opportunity a few days later.

To show Him that I actually did listen.

That I actually did receive his timely word.

This time, someone blurted out to me.

It wasn't so pretty.

What did I do?

I straightened my shoulders.

Took a deep breath.

I considered my options.

And paused.

And in that pausing.

I let the Holy Spirit speak to me.    Just like He wanted me to.

I paused.

Because, once it's out.

You can't take it back.


"Those who control their tongue will have a long life; opening your mouth can 
ruin everything."   Proverbs 13:3.

That's my word for the week.

Pause.




No comments:

Post a Comment