Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A Final Prayer in the Kitchen



The new owners met us this morning.

For a final walk through before closing.

They are SO excited.

About buying our place!

They were literally bouncing up and down happy!

And we are very blessed.

To turn our house over.

To a wonderful young family.

That will begin their lives here.

Just as we did 22 years ago.



Lord knows I've had plenty of time to get used to the idea.

I thought I was ready.

But.

When it was time to go.

The last time.

Scott & I stood in our kitchen in Greenwood.

As we'd done a million times before.

And we took a final look around.

And I bawled like a baby!



My husband is the sweetest man.

He took my hand.

And prayed the most tender prayer over that house.

Thanking God for blessing our family there.

For keeping us safe through all those years.

For the wonderful memories with our girls.

For watching them grow right before our eyes.

For the pets we have loved there.

And won't ever forget.

For all the friends that had spent time there with us.

For the refuge it had been for us.

And many others.

For giving us life.

And love.

And tears.

And loss.

And joy.

For all those things.

Scott took my hand.

And I closed the door quietly behind me.

For the last time.

Full.

And sad.

And thankful.

And blessed.












































1 comment:

  1. Kathy, you sure know how to create a blessing for a lot of people. Thank you for your example in so many things. Brenda

    ReplyDelete