Friday, July 24, 2015

Do I Forget It or Do I Change?




I had my tickets to see Beth Moore...... months before her recent conference in Greenville.

I love that woman.

She's not only a great teacher.

She's the real deal in my book.




My oldest went along with me.

That's us.    Just  after taking our seats.


(p.s. going with her made me really happy.)



So.

This is a season of restoration for me.

And.

Sitting under Beth's teaching for two days.

Was pure nourishment.


I believe.

It's not just enough to hear a good word.

I have to put it into practice.

In the day to day of living.

Here's 10 specific things I took away from Beth's conference.

I'm hoping they take root in me.



1.  Anxiety attacks the heart.

     It's a form of fear.

     It makes the heart heavy.





2.  Dread is the prophet of unbelief in God.

     Dread pushes the heart down.





3.   You're trying to carry all your load.

      Plus, a load that wasn't intended for you.

      Women try to carry all of their people.

      Set your people down.

      You weren't meant to carry them.

   




4.   Has anybody just hung up on a calling because God didn't part the waters for you 
      when you thought He should have?

      Some people think they've had to lay down their dreams or their calling.

      The only way it'll be picked back up.

      Is if you lay them at the feet of Jesus.

      Lay them down.

      He will either give that dream or calling back to you.

      Or give you something better.

 



5.   Legalism keeps a spirit of disappointment.

 


6.   The enemy is very personal in his fiery darts.

      If there's an area not covered by God.

      The enemy will keep shooting us there.

      Time after time.

      He tends to shoot only at what's uncovered.



7.    Praying the scriptures is powerful.




8.    He doesn't just love me.     He greatly loves me.




9.   The Holy Spirit has a specific word for me.

      If I listen.



10.   Grace is the manhole on the street of self destruction.





Truth is.
I can take all of this in over a weekend.
That's not the thing.
It's what I do with it that matters.
Do I listen.
And forget it?
Do I listen.
And begin to change?








   




No comments:

Post a Comment