Friday, December 27, 2013

It's the Finish That Defines You



With the first of the new year just days away.

I've been thinking about the new year's resolutions I've made during my life.

They're all about......"starting."

But at the end of December.

2013.

It's more about finishing, right?

Starting is fresh.

And optimistic.

It's hopeful.

Starting has the best intentions.

But, finishing?

How many things have I started this year.

And finished.....well?

Or.

A better question.

How many things have I started.

And quit?

Or started.

Grew tired.

And lost interest?


"It's the finish that defines you."


Its.

the finish.

that defines me.


That was an almost completely missed comment.

That slipped out of the mouth recently.

Of personal trainer.

Jillian Michaels.

But like most things that strike a cord with me.

It probably hit me as profound.

Because I needed to hear it.

"Its the finish that defines me."

Apply that to any area of my life.

Do I finish strong?

Do I finish well?

Do I finish.......period.

Or is my life more about.

Starting?

New Year's resolutions.

Nothing wrong with making them.

But, for me.

My challenge is to finish.

One life.

One chance.

Make it count.

How will my finishes define me?




No comments:

Post a Comment