Sunday, August 12, 2018

What God is Teaching Me Through A Difficult Season




As I write this.

I know my mama will be checking in with me soon.

"I read your blog."

"Is everything okay?"

And...….while generally, everything is okay.

It has been.

A difficult season.

I know you walk through them too.

Caused by any number of things.

For me.

It's been a season of getting my butt kicked.

Yep.

The enemy has been relentless in this season.

Discouragement.

Lack of answers.

Trouble.

Just being worn down.

Many of us are just plain tired.

We're stretched thin.

And the enemy is so good at what he does.

Sewing lies into our areas of vulnerability.

Prowling around and looking for those he might devour.

It's just been that kind of season for me.

I've been his prey.

And while it's true.

I know I'm extremely blessed.

It can also be said.

That the good things.

Can get overshadowed.

When this kind of season sets in.

But.

Here's what God is teaching me.

In my difficult season.

Keep moving forward.

Keep your hands open.

Palms up.

Yep.

Stretch out your hands.

Fingers spread wide.

And keep nothing from Me.

So, I release my worries.

The things I have no answer for.

I release the uncertainties I feel in my life.

My disappointments.

My efforts to control.

Your list might include other things.

An important relationship.

Your health.

Worry.

Fear.

Or just being in over your head.

He's teaching me.

To hold my hand open to Him.

Because my natural inclination.

Is to close my fingers tight.

But He asks me to be.....intentional.

To hold open my hands.

Empty them of all that stuff.

Give Him the chance.

To fill them back up.

With.

Hope.

Assurance.

Protection.

Trust.

That's what He's teaching me.

To open up my hands.




Simple.






























No comments:

Post a Comment