Monday, September 29, 2014

No Idea of the Impact


I've heard this.

And I think it's true.

My words.

Will either build up.

Or tear down.

Which will they do?

Have you ever been a bit desperate?

That's not such an attractive word, is it?

Okay.

Have you ever just been a little in need?

Of encouragement?

I've found.

A little......can go a very long way.

Some was given to me last week.

And I didn't even see it coming.

It was said to me.

Most eloquently.

And genuinely.

By someone who probably had no idea.

Of the impact or the meaning.

It had for me.

I needed it.....and it was timely.

I've thought about it since.

And realized.

How many times I've let opportunities pass by.

To encourage someone else.

But I didn't.

I paused.

The moment passed.

And for one reason or another.

I didn't say it out loud.

To someone.

That might have needed it just as much.

As I did last week.

So I'm working on this.

Encouragement.

And it's true what they say.

Words are powerful.

They can build up.

Or they can tear down.

And how I choose to use them.

Can either encourage.

Or discourage.

Who's on my path today?

In my line of sight?

Right in front of me....today?

That might could use a word of encouragement?

I need to speak it.

And be intentional.

About offering it more often.

It's given or provided at no cost.

But many times.

As it was for me.

It's invaluable to receive.








1 comment:

  1. I call those my love moments. I vividly recall a special handful throughout my life and I'm equally certain that the giver of those gifts have NO IDEA. Love and miss you. Stacy

    ReplyDelete