Monday, July 29, 2013

Update on the Hundred Year Old House

I'm updating this original blog post because the story is changing day to day.

After Scott & I had the "peach tree & the preacher" day at the house in
Due West, along with a very positive home inspection,  we moved forward
by making an offer on the hundred year old house.

That was about ten days ago.

A day or so after the offer was made,
some unexpected developments came with the sale of the house.

Long story short, the offer was indefinitely tabled,
as was the sale of the property
--- and there was no indication when/or if that would change.

I was pretty heartbroken, I don't mind telling you.

I completely blew the most basic house buying rule.

Don't get emotionally invested in a house you're trying to buy.


Too late on that one.

Just as I was wondering.

Where do we go from here?

Another development came this morning.

It appears the sale of the house may resume.


It may be another month.


A lot can happen in a month.

But, it was a development -- and I was grateful for it.

I'm not gifted at waiting.


It would seem that is exactly what will be required.

Taking a deep breath.


Patiently waiting.

That's my goal.

And this continuing.

Stay tuned.

It ain't over just yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment