Saturday, October 19, 2019

Forfeiting Peace




God must look at me sometimes.

And shake His head.

I get that.

Because.

How many times.

Do I forfeit the peace.

He would love to give me.

Because of my own lack of trust.

In Him.


I've been reading this week in Genesis.

Sarah was told she would have a son.

But like me.

She doubted.

She worried.

She was afraid.

She forfeited the peace.

She could have felt.

She could have enjoyed.

If she had trusted Him to do what He said He would do.


I do the same thing.

During that space and time.

Between praying for something.

And seeing Him work it out.

I worry.

Like others in Genesis.

I take matters into my own hands.

Thinking He really must need my help.

I doubt.

I fear.

And I forfeit peace.




"....I look into your mind and see thoughts spinning round and round;

going no where, accomplishing nothing.

All the while, My peace hovers over you,

watching for a place to land.

Be still in My presence,

inviting Me to control your thoughts.

This is the most effective way to receive

My peace."       -- Sara Young








No comments:

Post a Comment